Next time you are browsing in a bookstore I recommend you take a few minutes and check out Cell-Level Healing by Joyce Whiteley Hawkes.
This nonfiction book is written from the unique perspective of a cell biologist who then became a healer. Biophysicist Joyce Whiteley Hawkes was also a postdoctoral fellow at the National Institute of Health and a Fellow in the American Association for the Advancement of Science. In other works, she has been a very serious scientist. After getting struck on the head with a decorative leaded-glass window, Hawkes had what she realized later was a classic near-death experience.
An experience that opened her to a new level of healing consciousness.
Cell-Level Healing is about how she sees and perceives energy and how she heals from a cellular level. Hawkes sees biology as a way to understand how miraculous the body really is. The more we know about the cells of our body the more we will appreciate how precious all of life is.
She states,”Rather than struggle against the body and our sojourn here on earth, the body can be experience as a sacred temple of the spirit and an expression of consciousness. This knowledge is the first step toward a life of fullness and oneness of spirit and physical existence – a seamless connection from Soul to Cell.”
The most thought-provoking chapter to me at this moment in my healing practice is Chapter 4, Flow and Soul-Signatures.
Hawkes clearly and accurately describes two principles she has found in our human energy fields that I’ve been aware of and working with for years, yet never had the words for.
1. Each person embodies a distinctive variation on universal energy; a natural and unique pattern exists for each individual consciousness. I call this quality their Soul-Signature.
2. In a healthy individual there is an abundant flow of energy through the body. In this regard I will use the word Flow to convey the quantitative aspects of speed and direction of the Soul-Signature.
Flow and Soul-Signature. I have written these two definitions into my personal dictionary of healing words. I feel like my whole brain has been feng shuied with this new perspective.
In my work as a healer, I feel with my hands my client’s Soul-Signature and Flow. What I feel gives me information about how much energy my client will be able to use in the session. Hawkes actually sees the colors or frequencies of the flow as a cylinder of light lying above the spine.
Since reading Hawkes’s book, I’ve been wondering how MY Soul-Signature is affecting my clients and asking myself these questions:
- Do I as a healer, with my unique Soul-Signature, bring out certain frequencies and energies in my client’s Soul-Signature?
- Why do some healers have better results with certain diseases than others?
- Why can William Bengston heal fast growing cancers, but have zero effect on a wart?
- Why do some people heal faster than other people?
- Could the Soul-Signature be an important factor in how we think about healing?
I don’t have the answers, but I feel the questions are pointing me in an interesting direction.
This book has been quite inspiring to me. I recommend you check it out!
“Healing must touch the cells, because illness begins at the cellar level.”
— Cell-Level Healing by Joyce Whiteley Hawkes, PhD